Who We Are
My Faith My Voice is a grassroots effort by American Muslims from across the country looking to present their voice on issues affecting Muslims and Islam in America. It is an independent network of individuals that collectively claim no affiliation to any one organization or school of thought.
What We Do
My Faith My Voice serves as a platform for you, me or any one else who wants to reach out and talk directly to America. Through video clips and online social media outreach, we serve to make the voices of the grassroots available to those who choose to hear them.
Email us at email@example.com
1. How do we get involved?There are three ways to get involved.
- First, you can create and upload your own 30-second PSA here. This is vital – not only to the project, but to the public's understanding of the American Muslim community. They need to see YOUR face and hear YOUR voice, to stop fearing and misunderstanding you.
- Second, you can help us work towards getting the main PSA on television by contacting your local PSA directors and requesting that it be aired in your local market, and by donating towards the cost of airing it here. We can work with you to get the appropriate format of the PSA to your local television stations.
- Third, you can volunteer your time and skills to help this campaign grow. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Do we need to follow a script?
No, we would prefer that you speak from the heart. It is far more important for your video to feature your own personality, and what Islam and America means to you, than for it to read from a specific script. Please feel free to make your PSA as individual as you want. The one message all the PSAs should have in common is carried in the closing lines, "I am an American, I am a Muslim. This is my faith, this is my voice."
If you like the suggested script and would feel more comfortable using it, that's fine too. We just need to hear from you!
3. Who is funding this initiative?
Me, you, and anyone else who can help out. There are no funding sources with strings attached. The individuals who came up with the idea for the project, over a fast-breaking meal during Ramadan, dug into their own pockets to help launch My Faith, My Voice, but we need your help. In order for this platform to grow, we need your financial support.
Please donate generously by clicking on the orange donation button found on the top of this site.
We are currently in the process of receiving 501 c3 non-profit status. All donations made to My Faith My Voice will be tax exempt.
4. Who came up with this idea?
My Faith, My Voice was created by a group of young Muslim professionals – some with families – in the Washington, D.C. metro area, who felt that in light of the rising sense of anti-Muslim and anti-Islam sentiment seen in the media, that it was high time for ordinary American Muslims to speak for themselves.